If you are finding a way to combine focusability, power stability, and efficiency to finish your engraving job, high-power laser cutting machine might be the way to go. With the continuous penetration of cnc fibre laser cutting machine into the market, fiber laser processing machines are becoming popular with more and more customers because it offers a cost-effective solution for many processes with some unique capabilities. In this article, we will walk through what materials can and cannot be cut by fiber cutting machines.
● Can Fiber Laser Cut WoodAll types of wood can be cut with a optical fiber laser cutting machine, such as plywood and MDF. But for safety reasons, we do not recommend using a cnc fiber laser cutting machine to engrave oily woods, because it may create poor marks and even cause serious fire hazards. The goal of any marking or engraving project is to create a readable mark, but fiber lasers may create uneven burn marks on the wood because of their short wavelength and uncontrolled absorption of the laser beam. Moreover, as wood is used as a high-temperature fuel, the fire may spread.
● Can Fiber Laser Cut PlasticMost types of plastics will be the ideal material for creating excellent laser engravings, such as Acrylic, ABS, polycarbonate, polyamide, etc. The fiber laser cnc machine is equipped with fiber laser settings for plastic to efficiently engrave plastic in different ways. When using laser cutting, you can ensure that the edge has a good finish, like a buttery surface cut with a knife.
More importantly, fiber laser cnc machine will allow you to handle various techniques from dyeing, foaming, or carbonating. Even the tiniest parts and inaccessible areas can be marked in a fast and effective manner, while still producing fine details.
● Can Fiber Laser Cut GlassThe principle of laser cutting is based on materials that can absorb the wavelength of laser light and melt. The glass is transparent and the wavelength range of the automatic fiber laser cutting machine is not within the absorption range of the glass, thus it just absorbs very little laser energy within the visible spectrum and cannot be cut by fiber laser. On the contrary, fiber laser vs co2, the wavelength of the CO2 laser is 10.6um, which is very suitable for cutting glass.
● Can a Laser Cutter Cut Carbon FiberLaser cutting carbon fiber can be done with either a CO2 laser or a fiber laser, but we do not recommend using a metal cutting laser cutter when cutting carbon fiber. The laser will burn the epoxy before it cuts the fibers causing a burned cut line.
● What Materials Can a fiber laser CutThe fiber laser cutting machine belongs to the processing category of metal laser cutting machine, and it is a perfect choice to cut copper/brass, aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel. For more details about the materials that a fiber cutter can cut, you can read this article, Laser Cutting Materials Guide.
Parameter of Fiber Laser Cutting Machine for Metal Sheet:
|Major Performance Indexes|
|Equipment Model||Effective Cutting Range||Effective Z-axis Stroke||X/Y-axis Positioning Accuracy||X/Y-axis Repositioning Accuracy||Maximum Speed of X/Y-axis Linkage Positioning||Maximum X/Y-axis Acceleration||Maximum Z-axis Positioning Speed||Maximum Z-axis Acceleration||Main Power Protection Grade||Total Weight of Equipment||Maximum Load of Workbench||Floor Space of Whole Machine|
|HF4020C||4000mmX2000mm||300mm||±0.03mm/m||±0.02mm||140m/min||1.0 g||30m/min||1.2g||IP54||About 10 t||1.5 t||10500mmX5900mm|
Purchasing a car lift is a hefty investment, and we all want to “get your money’s worth” by using it to process more types of materials, but we'd better handle safe materials. Hymson laser is a professional fiber laser cutting machine factory in China, and we provide laser cutter with diverse functions, such as aluminium plate cutting machine, laser tube cutting machine for sale, etc. Please contact us if you are in need of a fiber laser or metal engraving. We work with many manufacturers and can get you suited into something that fits you.
Share This Post: